Contract position: We are searching for an Electrical Engineer/Test Engineer in Webster, NY to work at a leading technology and electronics company. This is a contract position that is expected to last a year and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Using the latest modeling tools to design & analyze the effects of various component critical specifications on the imaging system critical parameter performance
- Work with engineering staff to develop and validate critical parameters and specifications for imaging systems
- Assist in the development of opto-mechanical & opto-electronic test methods and fixturing for critical parameter optimization & validation
- Direct & assist lab technicians to perform optimization & validation testing of; optical subsystems, and imaging system debug & troubleshooting using a range of laboratory test equipment and fixtures (CCD cameras, radiometers, spectroradiometers, spatial scanning fixtures, MTF lens benches, monochromators, interferometers and LabView-based software)
- Establish optical component drawing specifications and negotiate optical performance & manufacturability with vendors.
- BS Degree, preferably in optics
- Familiarity with optical systems/ components and their design, lasers, image sensors, optical & mathematical modeling software (Code V, LightTools, Zemax, Matlab).
- Ability to implement basic problem solving to complex problems
- Participate/ lead the planning and execution of lab experimentation
- LabVIEW programming skills are preferred
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.