Permanent position: Our client is looking to add an experienced Mechanical Technician for there facility in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago, IL. The Mechanical Technician will be responsible for all equipment performance in assigned areas and assists production in equipment performance to meet quality expectations, shift rates, and customer needs. This is a direct hire opportunity and it will start immediately. No relocation is offered for this position.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Technician
Requirements for the Mechanical Technician
- Observes equipment to make sure it is operating to OEM standard or production satisfaction.
- Performs repairs/adjustments as required.
- Monitors equipment performance during production start-up, changeovers, and new installs.
- Request parts, maintain, and organizes equipment spare part isles.
- Fabricates parts as needed or required.
- Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free work place.
- High School Diploma, GED or trade school equivalent.
- Two years of Trade School in electrical or electronics field.
- Previous food manufacturing experience is helpful but not needed.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) would be helpful.
- Must be a strong communicator w/ various levels of personnel and management.
- One year related experience and/or training in the following areas; Electricity, electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, machining, and plumbing.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, schematics and equipment manuals.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.