Contract position: Engineering & Construction client near Orlando, FL is looking for a Project Scheduler with 4-8 years of experience in project planning, scheduling, & progress measurement for heavy industrial EPC projects. The ideal candidate will have specific project scheduling experience supporting large T&D or Electrical Substation EPC projects. Client prefers candidates that are local to the area, but may provide a per diem for the right candidate.Responsibilities for the Scheduler
Requirements for the Scheduler
- Develop & maintain engineering & construction project schedules using Oracle Primavera P6 in support of Transmission Line & Electric Substation EPC projects
- Develop complex project schedules working with functional leads and Project Managers
- Maintain this schedule throughout the project lifecycle via feedback from the internal project team as well as input from Contractor and Vendor schedules
- The output will be presented in a manner that facilitates the planning & execution of the project in line with project objectives
- Identify critical and near-critical paths as well as trends to help project team stay on track.
- You will be responsible to cost-load the schedule at a reasonable level of detail to produce cash flow for the project
- Manage manpower requirements for projects
- Monitor deliverables and BOQ (bill of quantities)
- 4-8 years of project scheduling experience supporting heavy industrial Construction projects
- The ideal candidate has some experience as a Scheduler supporting Transmission Line (or any linear construction projects) or Electrical Substation (maybe Power Plant) EPC projects
- Proficient with creating and maintaining schedules in Primavera P6 software
- BS degree (preferably in Construction or Engineering) is highly preferred
- In depth understanding with Critical Path Method (CPM) Scheduling
- Must be able to resource load project schedules with detail in order to produce cash flow reporting
- Familiar with Earned Value Analysis (EVA) would be helpful
- Any experience with cost engineering or cost analysis would be considered a plus
- PTO program
- Health Insurance available, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.