Permanent position: Growing Contract Manufacturing company actively seeking a Controls Engineer in the Sullivan, MO area. This person should be well versed in designing electrical drawings, PLC programming and ideally have some leadership experience in terms of PM duties and leading a team of electrician. (specific experience with automated or packaging equipment would be ideal but not required and any machine controls experience will be highly considered.) Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Engineering, design, develop, and maintain instrumentation or control systems; this will included developing and modifying existing PLC or HMI applications, interfaces, or embedded controls, troubleshooting and resolving malfunctions, making recommendations to improve efficiency and/or quality of operations etc...
- Program PLCS using Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000, start up and commissioning of new equipment and upgrades of existing equipment and facilities.
- Start up and commissioning of new equipment and upgrades of existing equipment and facilities.
- Design control systems, wiring diagrams and creating electrical schematics and BOMs using AutoCAD Electrical. (AutoCAD is needed; specific Electrical is ideal, but not required.)
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, or a related field. (preferred but not required)
- 2 years of experience programming/modifying PLCS and HMIs
- 2 years of electrical design experience using AutoCAD
- Experience leading a project or team is desirable, but not required.
- Comprehensive benefits and PTO package is provided.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.