Contract position: A Purchasing Specialist is needed for a diversified industrial manufacturer with market-leading brands serving customers in global commercial, industrial and residential markets located in the La Crosse, WI area. This position will purchase parts and tools to support an experimental prototype build. Responsible for buying, tracking, and receiving goods. No per diem available. No travel will be required. 1st shift. Responsibilities for the Purchasing Agent
Requirements for the Purchasing Agent
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability and other relevant factors.
- Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts.
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services. Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, are received appropriately, and resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree in a financial field. Require at least 2 years of previous finance-related experience. Must have knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information. Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to purchasing. Knowledge of supply chain management.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.