Contract position: A Mechanical Engineer is needed for a company specializing in the production of medical supplies in the Concord, CA area. This role will research and investigate the design, functionality and maintenance of mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes. No per diem is available.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Research, design, develop, manufacture, and test tools, engines, machines and other mechanical devices.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals to determine time and cost feasibility to complete projects.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendation to maintenance crew.
- Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products using tools, equipment or software.
- A Bachelor's degree and 5+ years experience required. Metal or plastic design experience required.
- Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated reports. Previous CAD experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.