Permanent position: Plant Maintenance Technician is needed for a leading manufacturer in the food and beverage industry located in Birmingham, AL. This position is responsible for the installation, repair and troubleshooting support of plant machinery and mechanical equipment. Candidates must have at least three (3) years of plant maintenance experience within a manufacturing environment. This is a direct hire opportunity with the potential to earn Overtime. Candidate should be expected to work a 12 hour straight shift schedule. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Maintenance Technician
Requirements for the Maintenance Technician
- Repairs and maintains, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Repairs or replaces functional and structural parts in devices
- Repair electrical equipment as needed
- Repair equipment such as motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment, using hand tools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments.
- High School Graduate or GED is Required (Technical Associates Degree preferred)
- Must have at least three (3) years of plant maintenance experience within a manufacturing environment (automated mfg. is coveted)
- Industrial electrical experience is preferred
- Full benefits package
- OT potential
- PTO / Vacation plan
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.