Permanent position: Well-established Architectural, Engineering & Construction firm just outside of Chicago, IL, is actively interviewing candidates for a Senior Mechanical Project Engineer opening. This position will perform Full-Cycle Project Management including procurement, design, coordination (between architects, engineers and construction managers) site surveys and project closeouts of HVAC projects for commercial, institutional, and residential buildings. Ideal candidates will have 7+ years' experience working at an A&E/MEP/GC/Design-Build firm, a BSME, and 5+ years' experience in the design and engineering of HVAC Systems for buildings. Salary range for this position is $95k/yr. - $115k/yr. depending on experience. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Full-cycle project management, engineering and design of HVAC projects for commercial, institutional, and residential projects.
- Coordinate with project architects, engineers and construction managers on projects.
- Produce detailed design documents/construction documents for new construction and renovation projects.
- Manage and mentor junior engineers and designers.
- BSME or MSME
- 5+ years of Mechanical HVAC building systems design and engineering.
- Proficiency using AutoCAD for design, REVIT experience is highly desired but not required.
- Prior Project Management or Assistant PM experience at an A&E/MEP/GC/Design-Build firm.
- Company sponsored benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.