Permanent position: Capital Projects Manager opportunity with a heavy manufacturing client located in the Shreveport, LA area. This position will be responsible to plan and execute projects throughout the full life cycle to include acquiring resources and coordinating team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. This position is bonus eligible and relocation is available for candidates that qualify.Responsibilities for the Project Engineering Manager
Requirements for the Project Engineering Manager
- Direct and supervise project development throughout the full life cycle
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables in collaboration with management and stakeholders
- Develops project plans and associated documents.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones
- Prepare and manages the capital budget for the facility
- Prepare and manage the project engineering expense budget.
- Supervise project engineers to ensure project execution matches project goals (cost, schedule, scope, etc.)
- Other duties as typical and required
- B.S. Engineering degree; Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical.
- Approximately 5 or more years of project management / project execution ideally with at least 3 years ins a supervisory / management role
- Project Management experience ideally in a chemical, refining, petroleum or similar environment with piping, pumps, compressors, tanks, etc.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with cost estimating and scheduling software preferred (i.e. Icarus, Microsoft Project)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.