Permanent position: A leading manufacturing company in the South Bend, IN area is looking for and Design & Application Engineer. This person will be responsible for design, development, and testing of metal products. This role is structured for someone to move into leadership and succession planning. Excellent relocation available.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Generates designs based on benchmarking, customer drawings and technical data supplied by the customer's application and internal study. Evaluates these designs through analysis and test.
- Understands internal manufacturing capabilities and incorporates that understanding into designs that the company is pursuing.
- Perform designs and Finite Element Analysis; Uses DFMEA and PFMEA to produce workable designs.
- Champion in respect to all Quality Standards in regards to design. Participate in the design portion of the quality audits.
- Administrates cost reduction ideas and new designs, and provides project management information and supervision
- 8+ years of engineering experience that is closely related to automotive engine / transmission / drivetrain, ideally.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, preferred.
- Exp. with MFG with precision tolerances and from an industries with high-quality expectations.
- Examples of types of background; CNC machining for Aerospace or Medical, Industrial Machining / Machine Tooling, engine, transmission or driveline / drivetrain components or sub-systems
- Strong understanding of AutoCad or similar
- Full benefits; Medical, PTO, Profit Sharing, etc..., Opportunity for career progression and possible management track, Relocation provided for the right candidate.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.