Contract position: IMMEDIATE NEED!!.....Client involved in Electric Utility Transmission & Distribution (T&D) construction projects is looking for an Assistant Project Manager/Assistant Construction Manager to support Electric Substation and T&D engineering & construction projects in the Reading, PA area. Client prefers local candidates or within a commutable distance but will consider all qualified candidates.Responsibilities for the Project Manager
Requirements for the Project Manager
- Assist the PM with estimating, procuring, managing & negotiating equipment and labor contracts for heavy industrial construction projects.
- Assist the Project Managers and Superintendents in managing field operations for heavy industrial construction projects.
- Help expedite PO's, T&M tracking, cost tracking, forecasting, scoping, etc.
- Involved in cost, schedule and procurement activities
- Develop and maintain effective vendor and client relationships
- Work in the office 90% and the field 10% of the time
- 3-10 years of engineering and/or construction experience on heavy industrial EPC projects.
- You either need experience as an Engineer, Construction Manager, Assistant Project Manager or Jr. Project Manager supporting some sort of heavy industrial type EPC project
- Experience on substation or transmission line engineering or construction projects is highly preferred
- You need some experience with any of the following project related areas: management of siting, permitting, engineering, estimating, real estate, project outreach, scheduling, procurement, project controls, contract administration, safety, and field operations,
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, or BSCE preferred
- Ability to bid and manage equipment and labor contracts
- Paid Time Off program
- 401k program
- Great benefits package available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.