Permanent position: Our client is looking to hire for a Sr. Design Engineer in Peoria, IL. The Sr. Design Engineer will be responsible for planning, organizing, and supervising Design Engineering assignments including major projects for vehicle chassis, and/or components, and/or systems. The Sr. Design Engineer and their team will also be responsible to provide technical support to manufacturing for vehicle build issues, marketing plus sales for vehicle sales issues, and service plus parts for customer issues. This is a direct hire position, relocation is available and they are looking for someone to start immediately. Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- Develop concept drawings, design parts, components, systems and assemblies utilizing 3D CAD, appropriate client engineering standards, ISO standards, etc.
- Develop clear and concise drafts of technical documentation such as Parts and Service news, Operator and Shop Manuals, etc.
- Keep Assistant Chief Engineer and Chief Engineer informed of project status and advise of potential risks to the successful completion of the project to provide opportunity for timely corrective action.
- Discuss, negotiate and resolve specification issues with Manufacturing and Suppliers as required.
- Meet Quality, Cost and Delivery targets established for the project while utilizing continuous improvement techniques.
- Release drawings and supporting technical information into Bills of Material using appropriate software such as GDMS, SAP, BaaN, etc.
- Travel to machine work sites to participate in surveys, investigate problems, understand applications, determine customer expectations, install and evaluate countermeasures, etc.
- BS Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Agricultural, or General).
- 5+ years of experience in the design of related products. A Master's Degree with 3+ years of experience would be considered the equivalent.
- Engineering background and experience in heavy equipment manufacturing methods and procedures.
- Experience with the overall hydraulic system design as well as the design and selection of various hydraulic components (i.e., pumps, valves, cylinders, etc.)
- Proficiency in engineering principles including structural mechanics, hydraulics, heat transfer, electricity, ergonomics, etc.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD and data management.
- Ability to lead Associate Design Engineers, Design Engineers and Contract employees as required.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Profit Sharing, PTO, Relocation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.