Contract position: A Quality Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the North Little Rock, AR area. This position will investigate and correct quality issues for New Product Introduction (NPI) programs including risk assessments, validation plans, control plans, and inspection plans. No per diem available. 0 - 25% travel required. 1st shift: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM.Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Analyze and solve problems on a wide variety of issues related to manufacturing processes such as welding, machining, painting, assembly, and test as well as components in the areas of structures, powertrain, hydraulics, and electronics.
- Investigate and correct quality issues for internal, external, and interplant supplier quality issues. Coordinate related activities at the plant or supplier locations.
- Understand details of engineering drawings and specifications to assist in the assessment of conformance or non-conformance of a variety of conditions in manufactured components.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology. Experience as a quality auditor, quality analyst, quality engineer, or manufacturing engineer is preferred.
- Experience with engineering drawings, geometric and dimensional tolerances, engineering and manufacturing requirements, and engineering specifications is preferred.
- Experience with Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) problem solving process desirable.
- Health Insurance, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.