Permanent position: US Based medical device manufacturer is seeking a Lead Plastics Engineer for their facility just north of Fort Lauderdale, FL. This position will provide direct management of technical staff relating to Plastic Engineering, including equipment/tooling associated with design and processing of plastic components. Responsibilities for the Plastics Engineer
Requirements for the Plastics Engineer
- Responsible for managing and directly participating in the technical aspects of plastic injection molding processing, within the Quality Management System
- Maintain injection molding tools and equipment in a required state of readiness as defined by Sr. Management to meet the requirements of Manufacturing, Product Engineering, Quality Engineering, Quality Assurance and Regulatory.
- Develop optimized and robust injection molding processes to meet requirements defined by DO / Sr. Management to meet requirements of Manufacturing, Product Engineering, Quality Engineering and Quality Assurance
- Design for manufacturability of injection molded components as part of Product Development Team and continuous improvement project as part of Manufacturing
- Act as Project Leader or Subject Matter Expert for Plastic Engineering activities (as part of a team to include manufacturing, other engineering disciplines, quality assurance and other subject matter experts as required)
- BS in plastics engineering or other technical degree with demonstrated equivalence; Advanced coursework in Materials / Plastics Engineering or Plastics Processing or equivalent
- Three to five years' experience in managing technical personnel and complex activities within the Plastic Engineering and Plastic Processing industry
- Proven Six Sigma experience with definitive results
- New Product Introductions, Project management, and Capital Justification
- leadership/management experience
- Comprehensive Benefits package
- 401K with company match
- Mobilization/Sign on bonus considered for non local candidates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.