Contract position: A Mechanical Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Mossville, IL area. This position will research and investigate the design, functionality and maintenance of mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes. No per diem available. No travel is anticipated. 1st shift: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals to determine time and cost feasibility to complete projects.
- Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products using tools, equipment or software.
- Create and present should cost models, work with team to achieve project timeline goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office, Pro-E, and experience with the manufacturing process, engineering design, and development.
- Ability to utilize knowledge, background and experience to develop should cost models for engine components and engine systems.
- Health Insurance, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.