Permanent position: Our client is looking for a Design Engineer in Peoria, IL. This Design Engineer will be responsible for planning, scheduling, and completing general assignments, as well as leading design teams on projects for vehicle chassis, and/or components, and/or systems. The Design Engineer will also visit customer sites for resolution of product issues, promotion of sales, and understanding customer expectations. This is a direct hire opportunity, relocation is available and it can start immediately. Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- Utilize CAD and PC Programs to develop project plan and to develop design concept drawing, complete component drawing, and complete system drawing.
- Support each drawing with BOM technical information.
- Remain current in knowledge of CAD and PC Programs utilized to complete assignments on time and accurate.
- Assume project responsibility on assignments by providing planning, technical guidance both internally and externally as required to complete the assignment to plan and schedule.
- Maintain open communications with internal / external customers and suppliers to provide technical support to meet their expectations.
- Initiate and monitor appropriate product testing programs both in-plant and in the field.
- BS Degree in Engineering or related technical field from an accredited university.
- 2+ years of design experience in a related industry.
- Must have good mechanical and/or electrical aptitude.
- Must have 3D CAD design experience.
- Familiarity with off-highway mobile equipment and applications is a big plus.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Profit sharing, PTO, Relocation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.