Contract position: An Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Griffin, GA area. This position will research and investigate the design, functionality and maintenance of mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes. No per diem available. 1st shift: 6:30 AM - 5:00 PM. 0-25% travel.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals to determine time and cost feasibility to complete projects.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendation to maintenance crew.
- Implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with at least 2 years of related engineering experience.
- Advanced ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations. Advanced ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated reports.
- Health Insurance, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.