Permanent position: Industrial Manufacturer is seeking a Project Electrical Design Engineer to join its team. This person will be designing electronic or electro-mechanical products for automotive and industrial market segments with a focus on fuel level sensors. People who have Firmware programming experience are highly desirable. Relocation assistance is provided for the position. Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Design and develop cost effective products that meet customer's requirements through customization of existing product designs, or developing new product designs.
- Own & handle the design process from concept through production to end of life
- Lead cross-functional teams through the design process to ensure time to market, product cost, total project cost, application critical to quality features, design for manufacturability, design for six sigma and overall long term product quality goals are met
- Develop and maintain design requirement specifications, test plans, control plans and technical data sheets for new products.
- Minimum requirement B.S.E.E. ; M.S or PhD are a plus
- 5 yrs direct experience in electronics design/testing
- Strong knowledge of test equipment and its operation for analog/digital circuits
- Proficient in PCB Schematic software design (Proteus software in use, but other experience is acceptable).
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in troubleshooting, microprocessor circuits, power supplies, etc.
- Good soldering skills and proven experience in PCB reworking (both SMD and thru hole)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.