Permanent position: Energy industry manufacturer is seeking a Mechanical Technician to join their R&D group in Cerritos, CA. The Mechanical Technician will be responsible for mechanical assembly of components, parts and motorized equipment and machinery that is being prepared for testing. Qualified candidates will have a two year technical degree or military equivalent experience and at least five years of experience with machining, CNC operating, lathe and assembly. Additional responsibilities and requirements below. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Technician
Requirements for the Mechanical Technician
- Responsible for assembly of high speed motorized equipment and turbomachinery.
- Assemble components and subcomponents
- Diagnose and repair mechanical components
- Two year technical degree or military experience equivalent
- 2-5 years or more of mechanical technician experience (heavy machining, fixing, troubleshooting, remaking, trimming parts etc.)
- Ability to read engineering drawings and blueprints
- CNC operating and manual lathe experience
- Medical, PTO, 401k, overtime pay, holidays, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.