Contract position: The #1 Transmission and Distribution company in the US has a long term position open for a Entry Level Engineering Technician located in Akron, Ohio. The position is responsible for providing commissioning and start-up solutions for network and SCADA devices. Per Diem available for non local candidates. Apply Now! Responsibilities for the Field Service Technician
Requirements for the Field Service Technician
- Prepare and recommend testing & commissioning solutions to the Project Manager or client.
- Ensure the performance of all field testing on network equipment is completed accurately and safely.
- Performs demonstration tests, as required, which are a series of functional tests designed to simulate real world conditions to ensure proper operation of equipment
- Regularly meet and correspond with clients and outside personnel with responsibility to act independently on technical matters related to testing & commissioning
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Electrical Power & Controls, or equivalent is preferred.
- 1-2 years experience with some or all of the following technical facets: Communication protocols such as IEC61850, DNP, Modbus, and SNMP, OPC, DDE and TCP/IP, fiber optic ISP/OSP installations and experience with SCADA and HMI (Human Machine Interface) software.
- Must exhibit advanced knowledge of electrical industry standards.
- Willingness to travel 75% of the time.
- Per Diem for qualified candidates
- OT hours
- Health Insurance available, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.