Permanent position: An Engineering and R&D (ER&D) services company is seeking a Packaging Engineer to join its team. This person will be designing and executing packaging technology strategies from concept to commissioning. This includes growth initiatives, quality & efficiency improvements, troubleshooting activities, etc. Candidates who have a good understanding of Automation and the latest technologies used within the packaging industry are highly desirable. Responsibilities for the Packaging Engineer
Requirements for the Packaging Engineer
- Identify bottlenecks on packaging machines/lines and provide solution by working with machine vendors/integrators to increase the efficiency
- Identify opportunities for automation solutions & improvements to reduce manual labor (if any)
- Develop layout options with vendors considering constraints of the existing packaging lines/machines, man-material movement etc
- Prepare packaging equipment specifications(URS/RFQ)
- BS Engineering Degree (ME desirable)
- Hands on experience with packaging machines like Unscrambler, filler, capper, wrapper, cartoner, case packer, pick & place robots, cobots, palletizers, conveyors etc. specifically for food factories.
- Knowledge on compact robotic solutions for the packaging lines
- Understanding of & ability to define requirements of Packaging line integration.
- Knowledge of USFDA, 3A and other locally applicable Codes & Standards
- Hands on knowledge of AutoCAD
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.