Contract position: We are searching for a Design Engineer in Jackson, MI to work at a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position that is expected to last year. Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- Supporting new product development and in-service product transition for aerospace platforms in support of a new manufacturing facility
- Works with product engineers, manufacturing engineers, program managers, and quality engineers to develop requirements, detail component and assembly design, qualification test procedures, and technical documentation to qualify, manufacture, and ship product.
- Be a member of a cross-functional team and will ensure technical design rigor through the development life-cycle including requirements compliance, drawing review & testing.
- Engineering degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- 3+ years design engineering experience, preferably within aerospace
- Solid modeling experience (CATIA V5 a Plus)
- ITAR Compliant
- Testing/laboratory experience is peferred
- Experience with hydraulic/fuel components including hoses, fittings, etc is ideal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.