Contract position: A Drafting Technician is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Rapid City, SD area. This position will prepare 3D CAD models including but not limited to: routing electrical lines, schematic, and sheetmetal brackets. No per diem available. 0-25% travel may be required. 1st shift. Responsibilities for the Drafter
Requirements for the Drafter
- Verify that 3D models and engineering drawings meet the customers' needs while also adhering to company Engineering Standards.
- Use PLM software for storing CAD files, creating engineering notices, and maintaining Bills of Material.
- Work with Engineers and peers to troubleshoot design issues along with 3D model and engineering drawing issues and discrepancies.
- Associate's degree in CAD is preferred, if no diplomas or certificates, then 5 years of CAD experience is preferred. Experience with electrical harness and schematics preferred.
- Experience with 3D CAD software (preferably PTC Creo). Good organizational and time management skills. Good mechanical aptitude and 3D spatial awareness. Experience with GD&T.
- Health Insurance, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.