Permanent position: OUr client in Long beach is has an immediate need for a Logistics Engineer/Project Manager. In this role you will be responsible for evaluating, designing and optimizing new and current business logistics processes and identifying alternatives to promote operational efficiencies, cost reductions and improvements. The Logistics Engineer will collect data, analyze methods of operation, facility layout and current practices to provide ongoing front-line improvement strategies. Some national travel is required and strong experience in Kaizen practices.Responsibilities for the Logistics Engineer
Requirements for the Logistics Engineer
- Support new business development by analyzing customer RFQ information and by providing engineered solutions to the pricing department for proposals
- Create layout of logistics flows and warehouse/distribution space to support transload and storage accounts with optimized logistics solutions
- Prepare reports and presentations, indicating solutions or recommendations based on productivity and time studies and various analyses for logistics process improvements while encouraging Kaizen projects when able.
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics/ Production/Industrial Engineering plus minimum of five years' experience in logistics design and processes.
- 5+ years' work experience at a warehouse or logistics company
- Proficiency in utilizing Warehouse Management System and AutoCAD
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.