Permanent position: Electrical Engineer opportunity for someone with process sensor/electronic instrumentation manufacturing experience located North of the San Antonio, TX area. This position will be responsible to research, design, and develop new sensor technologies towards existing and new industrial sensor product lines. Relocation will be considered on a case by case basis.Responsibilities for the Electrical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Design Engineer
- Work with customers, suppliers, manufacturing and engineering teams to develop product specifications and optimize product designs
- Design and develop analog and digital embedded electronic circuits
- Develop component level circuit design (SMT and through-hole) and multi-level printed circuit board (PCB) design associated with new product development and revision of current products.
- Specify and source prototype components, assist with prototype assembly, debugging and validations.
- Integrate embedded systems control systems and devices with 3 rd party systems (PLC, SCADA, RTU).
- Assist technical writing staff with development of operating instructions, assembly procedures, BOMs, etc.
- Other duties as required
- BSEE or equivalent from accredited university
- 5+ years process sensor/electronic instrumentation manufacturing experience utilizing SMT and through-hole technology in multi-layer PCB format.
- Experience with PCB design and layout
- Experience in Embedded Systems Design (Atmel, Microchip, TI), embedded software development
- Proficient in Modbus, RS-485, HART and serial communication protocols
- Experience with quantitative, statistical data analysis SW (MatLab or Python) and with Electronic Design Automation Software (OrCAD or Eagle CadSoft)
- Sensor instrumentation (level, pressure, temperature, analyzers) design experience is required (preferably in the oil & gas or related industries)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.