Permanent position: Leading metal fabricator is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer with experience in a paint manufacturing role for their facility near Peoria, IL. This employee will be engaged in analyzing and implementing production build improvement initiatives, product engineering changes, lean manufacturing improvements, personnel balances and special projects.Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement solutions for manufacturing issues related to paint and packaging.
- Innovate and implement cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas for paint manufacturing operations in various departments.
- Lead implementation of all new paint and packaging manufacturing processes and technologies in various departments.
- Plan and establish paint and packaging manufacturing techniques, processes and methods for the production of new or modified products or parts, plan equipment utilization and justifications, product cost estimating, manufacturing routings, conduct work measurements and establish production standards, improve material flow methods and workplace layouts.
- Perform lead cycle time and productivity improvement activities for paint departments.
- Lead Kaizen and 5S events.
- Bachelor's degree in manufacturing engineering/technology or industrial engineering/technology, or equivalent technical school and/or work experience
- Minimum one years' relevant work experience in a paint manufacturing role.
- Paint and/or packaging manufacturing experience preferred, including powder and liquid painting.
- Must have solid problem solving skills and experience leading continuous improvement efforts
- Comprehensive Benefits package
- 401K with company match
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.