Contract position: A Multi-Disciplined Technician for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Wilmington, NC area. Work as part of a team of engineers and technicians to solve process and product problems, reduce cost, improve quality or capacity. No per diem is available. 8-10 hours/day; 40-50 hours/week. This position requires off-hours coverage on nights and weekends on a rotating basis with co-workers. Responsibilities for the Technician
Requirements for the Technician
- Troubleshoots process and equipment issues. Interface with operations to prioritize and resolve issues.
- Works with engineers to develop and implement testing and integration of equipment.
- Work with engineering and technology organizations to complete some mechanical or electrical design projects.
- Associates Degree in technical field or strong Math/Science background and experiences required.
- Ability to read blueprints P &I/D and/or drawings required. Experience with either CAD, or PLC (Beckhoff/Allen Bradley) required.
- Strong mechanical or Electrical aptitude and computer literacy (especially Word/Excel) required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.