Permanent position: Energy and Construction Services firm is seeking a Federal Construction Quality Control Manager in the Orlando FL area. Responsible for managing daily preventive and corrective Quality Control activities on a large (+$10M) Federal construction project located in Orlando, FL at the National Law Enforcement Communications Center (NLECC) for the Customs and Border Protection. Apply Now. Responsibilities for the QA/QC Manager
Requirements for the QA/QC Manager
- Develop and Administer the Quality Control Plan for the project (following Army Corps Three Phases of Control).
- Certify that all submittals are in compliance with contract requirements
- Review plans and specifications to ensure requirements are met for each construction process.
- Provide documented evaluations, assessments, and CQC assistance to staff and subcontractor personnel.
- Review all catalog cuts and material submittals for compliance with plans and specifications.
- Ensure all water, soil, materials, and mechanical systems testing are conducted by approved personnel and/or approved testing facilities
- Distribute written inspection/test results to appropriate agencies
- Ensure effective and timely preventive and corrective actions are taken and recurrence of problems are eliminated or minimized.
- Maintain and submit hazardous material reports to government environmental office
- Conduct pre final inspections/ establish punch list if required/ ensure all deficiencies are corrected
- BS degree preferred
- 10+ years in vertical construction experience desired with 5+ years on projects $10M or greater.
- In depth understanding of all Construction Divisions with an emphasis on mechanical / HVAC / plumbing / electrical renovation / repair work
- Knowledge of construction i.e. prints, plans, procedures, scheduling and testing.
- Certification in Total Construction Quality Management for Contractors from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.