Permanent position: Construction Estimator located in Jacksonville, FL for a growing general contractor in the Commercial Construction industry. This role is responsible to perform conceptual estimating from project parameters for commercial construction projects. Candidates must have at least five (5) years of estimating experience within a commercial construction environment. This is a direct hire opportunity and relocation assistance is available. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Estimator
Requirements for the Estimator
- Review and evaluate data to determine material and labor requirements
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimate used for planning; organizing and scheduling work; preparing bids; and the selection of vendors or subcontractors
- Prepare detailed estimates for customers/bids in a timely manner
- Maintain detailed and organized records of bid documents, correspondence and other project specific information.
- Identify labor, material and time requirements by reviewing & studying drawings, building plans, specifications, & related documents.
- Research sub-contractors and suppliers to be as competitive as possible in preliminary budgets.
- Minimum 5 years of commercial construction estimating experience
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with Subcontractors
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office, Excel
- College Education is preferred but not required.
- Medical plan reimbursement
- 401k plan
- Bonus potential
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.