Contract position: Long Term contract opportunity. Large utility has an immediate need for Electrical Distribution Designer in Norton Shores MI. Primarily responsible for electric distribution system design for the Low Voltage Distribution (LVD) Engineering. Apply Now!Responsibilities for the Designer
Requirements for the Designer
- Primarily responsible for electric distribution system design for the Low Voltage Distribution (LVD) Engineering, the LVD Engineering Technician will design projects as approved through the LVD Planning department, and as required for new business approved through the Customer Energy Management department.
- Design various new business projects, including line extensions (primary, secondary) and services of various degrees of difficulty, and customer types (residential, commercial, industrial, developments)
- Design in a CAD system
- Communicate work to internal departments (LVD Planning, Forestry, Long and Short Range Scheduling, Field/Construction, Closeout, etc.)
- Associate Degree
- 2 + years of electric design experience. Experience in electronics design is acceptable, but utility design is highly desired
- Experience with CAD systems
- Microstation is a big plus
- Experience working with SAP is preferred
- Experience with electric utility would be a big plus
- Medical plan available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.