Contract position: Test Engineer needed for an industry leading manufacturer located in Franklin Park, IL. In this role you will be responsible for the design, build, test and troubleshooting of custom mechanical test equipment supporting new and existing products. This is a new role created by growth.Responsibilities for the Test Engineer
Requirements for the Test Engineer
- Design and build custom test equipment solutions based upon input from design engineers.
- Develop test plans and procedures based upon deep understanding of the research question, determined in collaboration with internal customers.
- Create test reports and summaries to document test results and data in a standardized format that is easy to understand.
- Specify hydraulic requirements for test equipment t.
- Troubleshoot customer product problems by analyzing technical specifications and documentation, and/or travel to customer job site for first hand analysis to help resolve customer job site issues.
- Plan, build, and troubleshoot products applying the most efficient layout per the assigned testing method.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology related field
- 2 to 4 years' experience working in a mechanical test lab
- Must be familiar with a variety of calibration techniques, types of water measuring equipment, and their proper applications.
- Must have experience with design software and have ability to create designs for test fixtures,
- 3D Cad experience, preferably Creo
- Contractor benefits available.
- As a full time employee, company offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including:Medical, dental, vision, Rx coverage for employee plus eligible dependentsLife and AD&D insurance, dependent life insurance, long term disability, and HSA, FSAEmployer matching 401K, PTO, holidays, EAP, wellness programs, on-site medical staff and fitness center
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.