Contract position: We are searching for a Lab Technician in Apopka, FL to work at the world's leading beverage manufacturing company. This is a contract position that is expected to last a year and could be longer.Responsibilities for the Laboratory Technician
Requirements for the Laboratory Technician
- Support product development personnel on projects from their initiation to completion.This could include the ability to accurately produce beverages from lab bench scale to pilot plant productions; prepare, test and evaluate flavor mixtures, syrups and beverages; conduct beverage analysis; acquire paperwork for new ingredients; organize stability sessions and expert taste tests; restock ingredients; lab organization and clean-up.
- Prepare Beverages and conduct analytical tests and taste/odor evaluationsaccording to guidelines.
- Maintain a clear and precise laboratory notebook
- Conduct supervised experiments (e.g. laboratory or process experiments) in order to deliver new products, evaluate ingredients, materials, products and processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science is ideal, but Biology will be considered
- Experience within a Laboratory Environment
- Knowledge and application of Good Laboratory Practices (handling of glassware, preparation of standards and reagents, proper measuring techniques, data management, housekeeping, etc.)
- Experience recording data from analyses or experiments in a computer, log book or laboratory notebook.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, etc.
- 12 month contract assignment, could be longer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.