Contract position: Electrical Designer needed in Largo, FL for a highly regarded manufacturing firm. Projected 6+ month assignment, but has the possibility to go longer or convert to direct hire. Responsibilities for the Electrical Designer
Requirements for the Electrical Designer
- Participates in the development and/or improvement of new and existing products for design change, cost reductions, warranty improvements, and manufacturability.
- Defines and/or interprets electrical wiring and control requirements for products.
- Understands and communicates electrical safety standard requirements.
- Defines and performs product prototype building and evaluation. Calculates product cost working with Corporate standards.
- Assists product launch with field installation evaluation.
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering/technology or equivalent trade school certificate. Will accept military training/experience.
- 2+ years of experience with electrical schematic designs and component/panel layout using CAD software.
- Clear understanding of Ohm's law and standard electrical calculations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Proficiency with other Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledgable of bill of material structures and databases.
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.