Large utility is looking for an EPC Cost Estimator Jackson MI. This is a contract position estimated to last 12 months, possible extension. This will start at 20 hours per week but they are looking to add more full-time work, if the role evolves into full-time. Currently looking for local candidates.Responsibilities for the Cost Estimator
Requirements for the Cost Estimator
- Prepare complete estimates for assigned project(s) of medium size and complexity and many types of contracts, either directly or through subordinate personnel.
- Develop pricing utilizing industry standard guidelines and estimating guides
- Prepare quantity takeoff and daily utilization of software tools.
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to particular bid/project as assigned
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimates figures and provide assistance to Sr Estimator to incorporate into cost database.
- Associates or Bachelor degree preferred. Less than acceptable with relevant experience in estimating.
- Minimum, 1-2 years of construction cost estimating working experience.
- Knowledge of assigned discipline, estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems is essential.
- Disciplines of Estimating required: Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical,I&C, Pipeline, Storage, M&R
- Certification: CCC, CCP, CEP, CPE, DRMP and PSP
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.