Permanent position: Our client is looking for a LabVIEW Engineer in the suburbs of Chicago, IL. This LabVIEW Engineer will be responsible to create the design documentation, test specifications, schematics, software (LabVIEW) programs, NI Test Stand, test procedure, and other required documentation to support test systems and fixtures. This is a direct hire position and relocation will not be provided.Responsibilities for the Test Engineer
Requirements for the Test Engineer
- Full lifecycle application development, designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirement analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis.
- Software modeling and simulation.
- Front-end graphical user interface design.
- Software testing and quality assurance; Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
- Project planning and project management.
- Ability to write proposal for new projects or modernization of existing equipment.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in an industrial manufacturing testing environment or a related discipline is required.
- Skill in NI LabVIEW required.
- Skill in NI TestStand required.
- Skill in AutoCAD preferred.
- Knowledge of C++ is a plus.
- CLD (Certified LabVIEW Developer) certification is required.
- Must be able to show a sense of urgency to time-sensitive and mission-critical projects while maintaining effective working relationships with other members of the engineering team, production personnel and senior management.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, & PTO.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.