Contract position: An Electromechanical Designer is needed for an American defense, aviation, information technology, and biomedical research company in the Vista, CA area. This role will create and maintain electrical and mechanical documentation. No per diem is available. Possibility of being hired on full time after 6 months.Responsibilities for the Designer
Requirements for the Designer
- Use SolidWorks to create and maintain solid model parts, assemblies and drawings. Use Mentor Graphics PADS to create and maintain PCB designs and layouts.
- Use SolidWorks PDM to: create and edit file relationships; set document properties; maintain revision control. Create and modify bill of materials (BOM) in material requirements program (MRP).
- Generate technical data package and redlines for engineering change orders (ECO). Create and process ECOs to support initial release and changes to production released documentation.
- Revision control, approval and release of controlled engineering documents in PDM and MRP system. Assign drawing numbers, part numbers and various other document tracking numbers.
- Assist in the creation and updates of ISO documents, including Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- 5+ years experience as an Electrical / Mechanical Designer and an Associates Degree in Electro Mechanical Drafting and Design or related major required.
- Expertise in SolidWorks, Mentor Graphics PADS, and SolidWorks PDM.
- MRP systems and BOM creation and modification experience and thorough understanding of Engineering Change Control required.
- Experience interpreting documentation for CAD, 3D modeling, BOMs, PCB, schematics and wiring diagrams.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.