Contract position: Engineering client is looking for an Environmental Compliance & Permitting Specialist with 5+ years of experience for a long term project assignment based out of Lancaster, PA. You will support the permitting process for electric transmission line construction projects throughout Pennsylvania. Client is looking for candidates that are local to the Lancaster, PA region but will pay a per diem for candidates not local. Responsibilities for the Scientist
Requirements for the Scientist
- Position will require a combination of time in the field monitoring construction activities & Contractors as well as time in the office writing, reviewing & assembling documents, correspondence, schedules & additional project deliverables
- Develop & implement permitting strategies in support of electrical transmission line construction projects
- Monitor compliance with environmental permits issued by various Federal, State and local regulatory agencies
- This position may require supporting the development of permit amendments, reports, regulatory submissions and various levels of data analysis
- Conduct on-site field monitoring to document compliance with various federal, state, and local permit requirements during project construction
- Participate in the daily coordination of construction schedule and work locations with the environmental monitors and construction teams
- Oversee multiple environmental contractors responsible for development, submittal and receipt of permits to support construction
- Perform field coordination of environmental compliance and confirm that relevant project information is communicated from the field to the client and construction teams
- Regularly interface with construction contractor to monitor compliance with mitigation measures before, during, and after construction
- Track key performance indicators for siting and permitting compliance
- You need 3-10 years of experience as an Environmental Scientist, Permitting Specialist, or similar title
- You need experience managing environmental compliance activities & developing permits associated with linear construction (roads, highways, rail ways,electric transmission lines, or similar) projects is needed
- You should have some experience on a construction site, monitoring to document compliance with various federal, state, and local permit requirements during project construction
- BS degree in a natural resources field, environmental science, or related field from an accredited program is needed.
- You need specific experience with Pennsylvania Linear Permitting agencies (NPDES, PA-GPs, etc).
- PTO provided
- 401k Plan
- Health Insurance plans available, and more
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.