Permanent position: Well established capital equipment manufacturer in the Memphis, TN area is looking for a Sr. Mechanical Engineer/Sr. Project Engineer to work closely with all internal departments and customers to successfully estimate, design, manufacture, and install automotive conveyor systems. Supervise other engineers and CAD operators. Relocation considered for qualified candidates. Responsibilities for the Senior Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Work closely with all internal departments and customers to successfully estimate, design, manufacture, and install automotive conveyor systems. Supervise other engineers and CAD operators.
- Must have knowledge of: Power and Free conveyors (both Overhead and Inverted), Friction conveyors (both Overhead and Inverted), Electrified Monorail conveyors (both Overhead and Inverted), Vertical Droplifters and other transfer equipment, slat conveyors, Skillet conveyors, shuttle conveyors, etc.
- Supervise other engineers and CAD operators
- Have the ability to create and interpret technical drawings using both 2D and 3D computer aided drafting (CAD) software.
- Be able to read and interpret customer specifications, make conceptual drawings, and present proposal for estimation purposes.
- Have extensive knowledge of design and safety regulations as they relate to conveyor systems (i.e. OSHA, AISC, etc.).
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related field.
- 7+ years of material handling design and management experience.
- Proficient in 2D and 3D software (AutoCAD, Solidworks, etc.).
- Proficient in project scheduling software (Microsoft Project, Primavera, etc.)
- Knowledge of product life cycle management (PLM) software (Teamcenter, Fusion, etc.)
- Experience with material handling simulation software (AutoMod, Factory Flow, etc.)
- Ability to speak other languages is a PLUS: Japanese, Spanish, Tagalog
- Great comprehensive company benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Relocation assistance for qualified candidates
- Tuition Assistance Program
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.