Permanent position: Mechanical Design engineer needed for a client just South of Indianapolis. My client is seeking a person with strong mechanical and SolidWorks skills. Prime candidates will enjoy the engineering challenge of designing customized machinery, material handling, and manufacturing process systems.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Use creativity to develop electro/mechanical machines that may incorporate robotics, rotary actuators, conveyors, servos, power transmission, pneumatics, hydraulics, and various sheet and structural metal components to satisfy customer needs.
- Operate SolidWorks 3-D CAD software to develop concepts and final engineering detail drawings.
- Develop and maintain project Bill of Material content listing all fabricated and purchased components
- Troubleshoot designs and manufacturing issues by interfacing with other engineers and manufacturing staff to find solutions.
- Travel to customer locations as required to verify design requirements and direct mechanical install/start-up/operator training.
- BS or AAS in ME, MET or related engineering field
- Experience with SolidWorks or AutoCAD 3-D, Word, Excel required
- Machine Design experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.