Contract position: A Validation Engineer is needed for a leader in electronics, healthcare, and lighting in the San Diego, CA area. This position will maintain, validate and release test systems in the production environment. No per diem available. Availability and willingness to travel 20%. 1st shift: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Responsibilities for the Validation Engineer
Requirements for the Validation Engineer
- Guide and participate in test method validation, risk assessment, requirement development, protocol and validation report writing.
- Guide and participate in bug testing, identification, and problem solving.
- Apply current inspectional techniques to project documentation during the system lifecycle and prior to FDA inspection and notified bodies to ensure a comprehensive documentation package is created and maintained.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with at least 5 years of experience in software validation of R&D, Manufacturing and large scale computer systems (e.g. HP Quality Center, SAP, Trackwise, Enovia, Windchill, DOORS, etc.).
- Experience and understanding of current inspectional practices of FDA, notified bodies and other regulatory agencies.
- Experience in leading and educating teams on the appropriate validation documentation created as objective evidence for software validations per company procedures, standards and regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.