Contract position: An Associate Engineer is needed for a world class utility company in the Laredo, TX area. This role is responsible for performing entry level engineering work activities and projects requiring the application of engineering knowledge in a safe, effective, efficient and economic accomplishment of assigned objectives. No per diem available.Responsibilities for the Assistant Engineer
Requirements for the Assistant Engineer
- Coordinates work activities of others as required to resolve routine engineering tasks. Performs work activities as assigned and coached by higher-level employees.
- Provides input to routine project planning documents related to scheduling and understands the use of scheduling techniques (CPM, PERT, flow charts, etc.) for budget and planning activities.
- Monitors project status and recommends action accordingly. Prepares cost estimates using established standards.
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering in a program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) is required.
- Acceptable alternatives are (1) a Bachelor's degree in engineering (non-ABET), plus a Professional Engineers (PE) license in any state of the U.S. or (2) a Bachelor's degree in engineering (non-ABET) plus a Master's degree in engineering from a university with an ABET accredited Bachelor's program.
- Passing the Fundamentals of Engineering examination in preparation for future licensing as a Professional Engineer (PE) is encouraged and preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.