Contract position: An Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Hodges, SC area. This role is responsible for the delivery of successful process to production line in order to achieve high first pass yield on PPAP validations. No per diem available. No travel is anticipated.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Focus will be on processing of MAGMA simulation results and running simulations, but may include tooling engineering/process engineering role responsible for developing tooling from order to delivery working with both internal and external pattern shops.
- Will develop gating, riser, chilling geometry and processes for individual part numbers that fit within the capability of the foundry processing equipment.
- Degree in foundry technology or engineering and 2+ years experience using MAGMA software in cast iron processes.
- In lieu of technical training, 7+ years of foundry process engineering experience including direct experience with MAGMA software is required along with direct experience designing rigging for new castings.
- 1+ years of experience must be in sand cast iron processes and air set molding. MAGMA, Creo, Microsoft Office 360, Outlook, and Skype experience required.
- Health Insurance, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.