Permanent position: Our client in Los Angeles is looking for a Dispatcher with a planning and safety background. Ready to hire NOW!Responsibilities for the Dispatcher
Requirements for the Dispatcher
- Plans, directs and controls the arrangement of driver work schedules and vehicle utilization to ensure safety,quality and timeliness. Communicates with drivers and customers via telephone, in person, or on site.Ensures excellent customer service.
- Monitors daily operations; audits driver reports; develops driver work schedules.
- Monitors employee compliance with all rules and regulations. Provides support to the Terminal Managerwith regard to additional training and disciplinary actions.
- Performs weekly random driver ride-alongs to audit driver performance; performs monthly random fieldaudits to evaluate safety and general operations.
- Plans and conducts Safety Meetings in coordination with Terminal Manager. Makes operational safetyrecommendations to Terminal Manager.
- Coordinates equipment maintenance program and DOT required inspections with Terminal Manager,internal Mechanic(s) and, if required, external Contractors.
- Two or more years working experience as aDispatcher in the transportation industry
- Previous experience in a hazardous materialsenvironment preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of FMCSA, DOT and otherregulations related to the transportation of chemicalsand petroleum products
- Demonstrated knowledge of FHWA/HM regulations and company policies and procedures
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.