Contract position: Project Manager needed for worlds largest manufacturer of industrial automation and information solutions in their office in Setauket, NY. In this role you will lead, coordinate and manage various new product developments through all phases of planning, engineering, testing, release and subsequent support. Responsibilities for the Project Manager
Requirements for the Project Manager
- Provide project management of internal and external new product developments with minimal direction, requiring planning, resourcing, scheduling, project cost forecasting/monitoring, reporting and providing technical coordination guidance across multiple functional areas.
- Defines project team's resource requirements which support the project's goals with respect to time, budget and quality through negotiation with resource managers.
- Provides in depth and advance knowledge in the project management discipline. Responsible for financial, applied technology and schedule performance of assigned projects within cost limitations & established standards.
- Develops project investigation and implementation schedules-facilitates work breakdown structures. Manages project cost estimates.
- Identifies, manages and mitigates project risks, resulting in proactive contingency planning as required.
- BS Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent experience (MS and/or MBA desirable); PMP, CAPM or other PM professional certification preferred.
- 8+ combined year's experience in product development and project management.
- Proven ability to lead multiple teams, partner with management to resolve conflicts and obtain resources for projects.
- Contractor benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.