Contract position: Large utility has an immediate need for GIS/Cad Technician in Jackson MI. Responsible for updating streetlight maps using computer aided design (CAD) software. This work will include coordinating with our streetlight survey contractor and mapping department to provide them information and ensure timely updates are made that are consistent with company mapping standards. Overtime is a possibility. Apply Now!Responsibilities for the Technician
Requirements for the Technician
- Coordinating with our streetlight survey contractor and mapping department to provide them information and ensure timely updates are made that are consistent with company mapping standards.
- Document designs and provide associated drawings that meet project specifications
- Check tolerances, dimensions, and fabrication feasibility of designs and work with engineers to resolve problems
- Provide detailed design drawings to support construction and infrastructure projects
- Associate Degree
- 0-2 years GIS experience, will consider internships
- Proficiency in using CAD software
- Proven ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Be able to read and understand maps
- Medical plan available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.