Contract position: Buyer located near Buford, GA for a leading global provider of food processing and automation equipment. The position focuses on the operational side of buying such as processing and maintaining purchase orders that reflect the expected pricing and deliveries. Candidates with a Two (2) Year Business or Technical Degree is preferred with at least two (2) years experience as a Commodity Buyer within a manufacturing or related environment. This is a contract opportunity with a fast paced and growing company. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Evaluate suppliers through various objective performance measurements including on-time delivery, service, and price performance
- Review ERP requirements for actions to order, expedite, cancel, or reschedule existing demand
- Place purchase orders, manage deliveries, and support equipment schedules
- Receive requisitions to analyze for quantity, specifications, and delivery requirements
- Resolve discrepant issues with suppliers or internal customers to include deliveries, quantity, pricing, and quality.
- Maintain data within the business system to accurately reflect pricing and delivery expectations
- Minimum of Two (2) year business or technical degree is highly coveted
- Must have a minimum of Two (2) years experience as a commodity buyer within a manufacturing or related environment
- Experience in planning through ERP system
- SAP experience is preferred
- CPM, APICS, or associated certification is preferred
- Contractor benefits package
- PTO plan
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.