Contract position: Large utility has an immediate need in Jackson MI for a Document Control Specialist to provide Document Control and Records Management support for large scale program with over 200 sites. This is a contract position expected to last 12+ months. Currently we are only looking for candidates that live in the state of MI. Apply Now!Responsibilities for the Documentation Control Specialist
Requirements for the Documentation Control Specialist
- Organize the routing of documents throughout the process from conceptualization, approvals, distribution, to filing. Monitor the distribution and reconciliation of process or reference documents. Establish and maintain the documentation control system/log. Process documents for revision and approval. Create, review, and revise documentation procedure according to standard operating procedures.
- Audit current design process in order to develop and implement a new, efficient process.
- Audit current shared file locations and develop a plan for storing project files in one consolidated shared space.
- Work with third-party company to audit current Project Controls processes.
- Review design documents for adherence to administrative sections of the project CAD Standard.
- BS preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Package including but not limited to Word, Outlook, Access, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote
- Must be proficient in Adobe Acrobat and working with PDFs.
- Must be familiar with design drawings and CAD standards. It helps to be familiar with Electrical drawings and schematics.
- Prefer technical writing background
- ARMA International (formerly the Association of Records Managers and Administrators) preferred
- Medical plan available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.