Contract position: We are searching for a Safety Technician in West Union, SC to work at a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position that is expected to last 4 months and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Safety Specialist
Requirements for the Safety Specialist
- Maintain the health and safety of the plant workforce by monitoring and evaluating health and safety conditions; assuring compliance with applicable policies, procedures and governmental standards.
- Develop and administer effective occupational health, safety, ergonomics and industrial hygiene programs, including health services functions and maintenance of related policy and procedures in accordance with the company's operating system and OHSAS 18001 requirements.
- Educate, motivate and train line supervision and production personnel in good housekeeping practices, safe work procedures, PPE, etc.
- Assist in the administration of medical surveillance and biological monitoring programs according to OSHA standards and company policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement audit programs to review and assure compliance with applicable health and safety standards
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not required
- 1+ year of experience with EHS in a manufacturing environment
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.