Contract position: A Packaging Engineer for an American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products is needed in the Mountain View, CA area. This position will develop valid packaging solutions, from high-level design concepts to development and implementation. No per diem available. Travel is required.Responsibilities for the Packaging Engineer
Requirements for the Packaging Engineer
- Responsible for the concept ideation, design, development, documentation creation, validation and release focusing on company products.
- Work closely with Engineering, ID, UX, Marketing, Operations and Logistics.
- Work with offshore suppliers and will require periodic travel to sites both within and outside of the USA developing valid packaging solutions from high-level design concepts.
- Bachelor's degree in packaging engineering or any related engineering or science. At least 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience with various packaging materials used in consumer packaging. Packaging CAD design experience using both 2D and 3D applications.
- Experience in product fragility analysis and lab testing of packaged products a plus. Experience designing and managing printed and folded package materials and manuals a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.