Permanent position: Mechanical Design Engineer needed for a client near York, PA. My client is involved in the design and manufacture of custom machinery. You will be responsible for cradle-to-grave design work on automated equipment. Someone that is experience with custom equipment, new product development or R/D; having the ability to design custom capital equipment / machinery is key.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Work to customer specifications, designing machine equipment or identifying changes to standard machinery to meet these specifications.
- Produce SolidWorks ® models, detail drawings using GD&T, assemblies, and parts; and prepare proper bills of material based on design.
- Apply mechanical engineering knowledge of machinery principles and materials, manufacturing methods and processes to insure designs are functional, practical, economical, and satisfy customer requirements.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Solidworks (or similar experience)
- Material Handling or Bakery experience preferred; custom capital equipment is also highly desirable.
- Company sponsored benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.